A. History of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities
The Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities (FIAH) was established in 2003, but the nomenclature of FIAH itself was stated in the Chancellor's Decree Number 234/KEP/I.0/C/2010 in 2010. Initially, FIAH only managed three undergraduate study programs, namely the Business Administration study program ( ADBIS), Public Administration (ADPUB), and English Literature (SASING). As a result of the FIAH development plan, on May 16, 2014 Diploma III was opened, namely the Public Relations study program (HUMAS). Its establishment was determined by Decree No. 96/E/0/2014. Then on March 1 2017, a post-graduate program was established, namely the Master of Administrative Sciences (MIA) study program with an administrative decree numbered 192/KPT/I/2017. So that currently FIAH oversees one Diploma III study program, three undergraduate study programs, and one postgraduate study program.
B. Vision, Mission, Goals, Strategy, and Values
The Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities is one of the faculties under the auspices of the Muhammadiyah University of Sukabumi. The foundation for the development of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities refers to the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Targets of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities as follows:
“The realization of an excellent and Islamic Faculty in the implementation of social sciences and humanities in a global context by 2022.”
The vision formulation above is prepared in simple sentences with a clear time range so that it can be understood and realized by the entire academic community of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities (FIAH) UMMI.
Has the meaning of being able to be competitive with other universities in Indonesia that provide authoritative and quality education in Administrative Sciences and Humanities. The superior dimension refers to Administrative Sciences and Humanities which are based on Islamic values which are reflected in the way of thinking, acting, communicating, and interacting inside and outside the Muhammadiyah University Sukabumi Campus.
Having the meaning of FIAH UMMI making Islamic values as a guide in organizing Administrative Sciences and Humanities which is implemented in teaching, research and service, then in realizing the tridharma is directed in a context that goes international where the foundation for the FIAH community is to prioritize Islamic behavior.
Broadly speaking, FIAH UMMI aspires to produce professional graduates according to the field of science they are engaged in, who are ready and steady to compete nationally and internationally in scientific, social and soft skills aspects.
- Organizing professional and competent Administration science and humanities education
- Conducting research for the development of science and technology in the fields of Administration Sciences and Humanities
- Carry out service through the implementation of Social Sciences and Humanities for the development of the quality of life of the community and the advancement of the Muhammadiyah Association
- Integrating the values of Al-Islam and Muhammadiyah in the spirit of the FIAH community to implement the Tridharma of Higher Education
- Improving the quality of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Humanities through developing HR competencies, improving facilities and infrastructure as well as collaborating with domestic and foreign parties
- To produce exemplary graduates who are blessed by Allah, have leadership, entrepreneurial, cultured, communicative and global perspective
- Produce research in the fields of Administrative Sciences and Humanities that are able to be globally competitive
- Improving people's living standards in various sectors of life through the application of Administrative Sciences and Humanities
- Produce, develop, and apply academic studies that are beneficial for the development of society, nation and religion based on the Qur'an and Sunnah
- Having quality human resources, adequate facilities and infrastructure and implementing global and domestic collaborations